Tuesday 3 July 2012

D day

My word what a day. For those of you who don't know, my husband of 15 yrs moved out in Febuary this year (I won't go into details at this point, that's a whole other post). He asked me to start divorce proceedings, presumably as he can't be bothered to do it himself??

Well today my mum took me to see her divorce lawyer (mums messy divorce took 8 or 9 years!!!!). I don't need that much help, but just needed to know how to go about making it as smooth as possible. Well it was an hour and £255 (nice money to earn) spent. I came home and filled out the forms which he has said he will give the once over and then they are off to court. All being well it should be finalised by the end of the year. And as he is moving to Wales (he needed 'space', has 'nothing to stay for' our boys obviously don't count for much in his mind) possibly as early as september, it should be the end of all contact.

I do feel for our boys, but over the last couple of years they have come to see what kind of man he is. I can't see them putting up much fight to see him once he moves.... His loss.

The decision now is weather to change my surname back (he says I stole it and have no rite over it... Lol), H said to me that I should change it back and would he be able to change his!!

And the second decision is if I should have a big divorce party or a meal with the people who have really been there for me?

I will keep you posted on proceedings.

P

1 comment:

  1. Not a nice thing to have to go through..all the best to you and the boys.. you deserve some happiness now :)

    ReplyDelete